Color Rating System - Juniors
In order to help track your child's progress, we have created a rating system which shows their skill progression.
WHITE > ORANGE > GREEN > PURPLE > RED > PINK > SILVER
These are players who are new to volleyball or have been playing for only a short time.
- Cannot serve the ball over the net
- Basic hand and eye coordination
- Can hit the ball over the net 0-1 times out of 5
- Needs knowledge of basic rules
These players are beginning to pass to target and attempting to hit the ball over.
- Can pass between 2 out of 5 freeballs to target
- Can hit or tip the ball over when set 2 out of 5 times
- Can serve the ball over underhand 2 out of 5 times in the court
- Knowledge of basic passing form
These players are now more consistent with passing to target.
- Can pass 3 out of 5 freeballs to target
- Has basic knowledge of the game (in, out, over the net, 3 touches)
- Can serve the ball over underhand 4 out of 5 times
- Has good hand and eye coordination to keep the ball off the ground
- Can pass 4 out of 5 balls to target
- Understands and correctly displays base defense
- Can hit the ball overhand from backrow 3 out of 5 times
- Can serve the ball overhand 3 out of 5 times
- Basic knowledge of overhand setting
- Basic knowledge of a two step approach
- Can pass between 5 out of 5 freeballs to target
- Can hit the ball over the net 5 out of 5 times
- Knowledge of hitting: transition outside and right side
- Can overhand serve 4 out of 5 times in
- Knowledge of setting: outside, right side and pipe
- Can serve 3 out of 5 in zones 1 or 5
- Knowledge of hitting versus tipping
- Ability to anticipate hitters
- Displays ability to move towards a served or hit ball
- Solid hand and eye coordination in hitting and serving
These players are well rounded and are often club level players. These are running plays, playing positions, and play at a high level.